Tuesday 4 September 2012

The crunch

This is when things come to the crunch. When things don't go your way. Deep in my heart of hearts I know I'm asking why. I don't begrudge my colleague any happiness, I just wish, I could be sharing a bit of his pie too. That his happiness could be mine too.

The thing is, happiness shouldn't be when things go my way. Happiness should just be, regardless, because seriously, I have what really counts.

Seek first the Kingdom of God, and all these things will be added unto you. Have I really, really been seeking? And seeking first?

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name


Truly you breathe new life and new meaning into old words. 

Just talking to myself here: seriously, it's not even close to being the desert place!

God it's so tough, but I want things your way. Let this be from my heart, and not just my mind.

No comments: